Yield: 20 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
- 2 strips pastured bacon*, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 1 small onion, minced fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small can (6 oz) Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 Tbsp. organic spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp. organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. organic molasses
- Organic hot sauce to taste
*You may omit the bacon and increase the paprika or chipotle to achieve a rich, smoky flavor.
- In a medium saucepan, add the bacon. Cook until crisp.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring, adding additional hot sauce and spices to taste.
Nutrition Information (per 2 Tbsp. Serving)
16 calories, 1 gram fat, 2 carbohydrates, 1.5 grams sugars, 0.5 grams fiber, 1 gram protein